June 15, 2020
Dear SGVBC members and local badminton community,
We are hopeful that the government officials for LA County will let gyms reopen soon. Our hope is that we will be able to open in the very near future. Keep your fingers crossed and remember that we are required to follow the rules outlined by the Los Angeles County officials.
What we will be doing to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- The gym will be cleaned / sanitized each morning before opening.
- We will be closed from 2 to 3 each afternoon for an additional sanitizing session using new fogging equipment. Everyone needs to be out of the building during this time. The fogging equipment will be used before the gym opens in the morning as well.
- Operating hours will be reduced to 8 AM to 11 PM everyday and we will be closed from 2-3PM each day for additional cleaning.
- We will be doing temperature checks in the pro shop upon entry.
- Showers will not be available for use.
- Face coverings are required when you come to the club, but you may remove them when you are at your court ready to play.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water before and after playing.
- Please do not walk around the club to socialize with other groups.
- The pro shop has been equipped with sneeze guards to keep staff to customer contact as safe as possible.
Other rules and new operating model:
We expect that our reopening will be done in one or maybe two phases. We expect that the reopening of gyms will be highly regulated, and we won’t be allowed to operate like in the past when we filled the building with more than 200 people at a time. We also recognize that many of our members do not want to restart their memberships as soon as we are allowed to reopen. Currently everyone’s membership has been suspended and will remain suspended until we find out, if and when we might be able to operate like in the past. This means monthly dues members will not be auto charged and annual dues members will have this time added onto their expiration dates.
- The courts will be for reservation only. No individual walk ins.
- Reservations need to be made online at sgvbc.net
- Names of all the players need to be provided with your online reservation.
- Max group size for a one-hour reservation is 4 and a two-hour reservation is 6 players.
- Non-player friends / spectators etc. are not allowed in the club.
- If there is court availability, your group can walk in and make an immediate reservation, but this is not advised due to the limited number of courts (call the pro shop to check court availability before showing up with your group 626-307-4650).
- Please check in no sooner than 10 minutes before your reservation and please leave the club within 10 minutes after playing.
For this first phase of reopening the courts will be rented as follows:
Members “off peak” price $16 per hour
Members “peak” price $26 per hour
Non-Members will be required to pay an additional $3 guest fee per person.
Remember, no one is paying any membership dues during this period.
Off peak hours M-F from 8 AM to 5 PM and everyday from 9 PM to 11 PM
Peak hours M-F from 6 PM to 8PM and Saturday and Sunday 8 AM to 8:59 PM
The club will be totally closed at 11 PM (last reservation available is 10 PM).